Around the World in 38 Days
By Katie McGregor

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Introduction

Hello everybody!

This website will be dedicated to recording down my thoughts whilst travelling on my whistle-stop tour of the planet.

As I am only just learning the art of website creation, a great deal of blood, sweat and tears has gone into the faffing around with the html behind this site. Luckily, I've had a particularly uninspiring and uneventful temp job for the past couple of months so have managed to do a bit of the faffing at work. Woo hoo! Please marvel at the glory of the design and send me lots of complimentary comments (otherwise I really will cry).

I hope to be able to update every few days as I stop in internet cafes and the like, but have no guarantee that such things will exist in the places I am visiting. I desperately hope that the setting up of this website will not turn out to be a complete waste of time!

I also hope to be able to upload my photos as I go along but again, I am not sure how conceivable this will be on public-access pc's without the camera software being downloaded and/or some kind of (invariably expensive) bluetooth wireless devise being plugged in. If I can't, it will be a real shame but please don't stop visiting my little website ... remember, the counter never lies.

There is a facility for you to leave comments on my website after each of my entries. It would be nice for me if you did this but it is not the law. I will also be checking my hotmail account whenever possible so you can always go wild and send me an email if you prefer.

Before I sign off my first shiny new blog entry, and for the benefit of friends that I haven't been in touch with recently (sorry!), I really aught to give you a brief low-down on how this travelling trip came to fruition. However, because it could turn out to be a long, dull and complicated story, I shall summarise the story in 3 concise and easy to understand steps:

Step 1: Katie returns from Malaysia rainforest expedition and chats with Mark about aspirations to return to south east Asia one day (in backpacker styly).

Step 2: Mark and Katie forget about these crazy pipe-dream ideas whilst Katie graduates from uni, drains her life savings doing voluntary work and weeps over her lack of job prospects.

Step 3: Katie and Mark shack up together in Basingstoke (!), Katie's career prospects improve as she is offered money to go back to university and, in a fit of rash spontaneity with no thought to expense or lack of time, caution is thrown (or rather hurled dramatically!) to the wind and the once-in-a-lifetime, now-or-never world trip is booked! Hurrah!

...and the rest, as they say, will be recorded methodically over the six weeks whilst I am away.

4 Comments:

  • Ooh, do I get first post!? Your site seems strangely familiar. Very homely.

    By Blogger Ryan, at Monday, 07 August, 2006  

  • Note to all: Mr Ryan Jones gets full credit for this travel blog. His blog was so fantastic I decided to copy. You should be honored Ryan.

    By Blogger Katie, at Monday, 07 August, 2006  

  • I think the counter does lie - it's on 383 hits so far - where's everybody else? I ain't judging, most of my comments are from my mum...

    By Blogger Ryan, at Tuesday, 08 August, 2006  

  • It certainly does not lie. The effect you ar noticing is from my inserting the counter whilst still building the website and refeshing a bazillion (or 383 to be precise) to see effects. Te he. Makes me look popular though huh?!

    By Blogger Katie, at Monday, 04 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Katie's Counter