Thermal underwear
It was 14 degrees when we stepped out onto New Zealand soil in our shorts and sleaveless tops. It is now night time and definitely colder. I can't stop shivering and we have our heater on full blast in our room! There are daffodils and snowdrops growing in people's gardens.
It's a bit odd being in an English speaking country again. Everything is so much easier. Full sentences can be used including all non-essential words, making a change from the likes of eg. "You have room, one night?", "We go x tour?", "we buy x" and so on. Also, conversations can be developed beyond the almost obligatory.. "where you from?", "London", "ahhhhh, london!", "you from around here?", [conversation ends] style.
Anyway, we begin our quest to destroy the one ring to rule them all tomorrow at precisely 8.05am when the bus picks us up. I thought I caught a glimpse of Mordor and the firey hell of Mount Doom whilst peering out my plane window this morning. Very exciting.
It's a bit odd being in an English speaking country again. Everything is so much easier. Full sentences can be used including all non-essential words, making a change from the likes of eg. "You have room, one night?", "We go x tour?", "we buy x" and so on. Also, conversations can be developed beyond the almost obligatory.. "where you from?", "London", "ahhhhh, london!", "you from around here?", [conversation ends] style.
Anyway, we begin our quest to destroy the one ring to rule them all tomorrow at precisely 8.05am when the bus picks us up. I thought I caught a glimpse of Mordor and the firey hell of Mount Doom whilst peering out my plane window this morning. Very exciting.

2 Comments:
O. M. F. G.
I am so annoyed I haven't been looking at this lovely blog. Your original email (not the funny one we sent back and forwards before you left) somehow got totally just buried in all my other crap. I have missed all your fabulous posts and I would so have commented on them.
Great to see you're having a varied mix of experiences. Seriously, loving the posts. LOVE YOU KATIE xxx
See you soon, Matt.
P.S. That video, and your photos, are GORGEOUS. I'm majorly jealous.
By
Anonymous, at Monday, 28 August, 2006
No problemo young Matthew. Still another 2 weeks of blogging to enjoy so you haven't missed out on it all. xxx
By
Katie, at Sunday, 03 September, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home